Thursday, December 11, 2008

A New Beginning...

Well, i've neglected blogging for a while now.... and since i've not been writing too much, not much to put up either. however, since i've called this blog 'penning it down' thought i'd convert it into a sort of online diary..... and since a lot has happened and a lot is about to happen in my life, thought this would be a lovely time to start....

i'll be tryin my level best to put on something every day...

beginning with today.
12th Dec. 2008

well, a few things that happened in the last few days. 

 On the 26th of last month Mumbai was held at gun point by a hand full of men yet again... 
that sort of changed a lot. In me and in the city. Nothing is the same anymore. Even those who say 'kya farak padhta hai?' know somewhere deep in their hearts that something has changed and something new is coming. I just hope, that this time, that feeling of change is not a hoax call. I hope that we do something this time. 
Anand Sivkumaran, The scriptwriter with whom I worked for a short time recently, was one of the people who wanted to do something. So I've joined him and all his colleagues, friends, associates and random others to try and figure out where do we go from here. It is interesting to say the least. We meet, we plan some work, disperse with some homework to do and come back to pool in our information. 
We've come to one agreement though. It is all nice and fancy to talk about wanting to change, to do something, to bring about a revolution, to change the system etc etc etc.... it feels good to hear..
but if we really intend to do something, then it is with ourselves that we must begin.
Remember the story we were told in our school? About the man, in order to keep his son occupied, gives him pieces of a world map and asks him to stick them together. The son returns in minutes with the whole thing in place and held together by sticking tape. When asked how did he manage to get it so fast, he said that on the reverse of the map, was a human body. He put the man together and automaticaly, the world made itself up. 
This story has a ressonance in my life today. No matter how hard boiled my determination is, it can't counter the shreads of life that we have inherited. If there is something that I can change, it will be myself. if I change and do what i am supposed to, then everything else will fall in place. If I am clean, so will my country be. The change begins from me. 
So here I begin, to declare that I know that I have wronged at several places but from now on, I will be clean. 


1 comment:

Mohit Sureka said...

"the change begins in me".. the thgt has been put fwd vry nicely.. hmm, i lykd it!